Sunday, August 20th, we will join together at St. Jacob’s Ev. Lutheran Church in Norwalk at 10:30 am for a special “last service” of thanksgiving. The church has been a beacon to many in the community over the years. Although we are saddened to be losing the physical building, it is the PEOPLE that make the church!
A potluck will follow the service. Please bring a dish to pass. We invite our brothers and sisters in Christ at St. Peter’s, St. Paul, St. John’s and those from other area churches to join us that day. Just a reminder, there will not be a service at St. john’s that Sunday.
Alittle about St. Jacob’s Church; it was started by German Immigrants in 1875, it was an offspring of Jt. John’s Ridgeville. The first church was actually built in 1882. Services were in German. The cornerstone for the new Brick Church was laid on May 9, 1910. The new church was completed and dedicated on October 23, 1910. The new church was erected for a total cost of $9750.00. Many people were baptized, confirmed, married and buried within the walls of this church. Thousands have gathered in worship services to hear the WORD of God being read and preached, and to be further strengthened in faith through partaking of Christ’s body and blood in Holy Communion before the alter. Many people have built their faith and gained their comfort in the confines of these walls. The German language and services eventually phased in to English.
PLEASE JOIN US AS WE WORSHIP ONE MORE TIME IN THE HALLS OF ST. JACOB EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN CHURCH, TO REMEMBER THE YEARS OF SAVING GRACE PREACHED.
We continue with collecting donations toward St. John’s steeple.